
McKay Alan Holt
Born October 14th, 2009 at 8:53 am
5 lbs. 2 oz. 19 inches long
Cutest hair ever!
Mom is doing great. Baby is in NICU getting IV glucose for low blood glucose levels and NG tube feeds because he does not have the energy to eat. We think he is the sweetest thing and hope to see improvements with his blood glucose levels soon.

For those who don't know, I was induced one week early due to my blood pressure going too high. With him measuring small for about a month in the womb, they have been watching things pretty close. My doctor felt it was important to get the baby out pronto when my BP started rising. He didn't like the pitocin very much during labor. His heart rate would decelerate, but all of our heart rates made up for it in acceleration!! :) He came out just fine, and I am still trying to get my blood pressures down (which can take a while with PIH--pregnancy induced hypertension, which is not eclampsia or toxemia).
Congratulations! So exciting...and I love the name. I'm glad everything turned out well.
ReplyDeleteThis is the most informative and technical birth update ever! I'm loving it because birth is a total miracle. We will keep you 3 and especially Shelley and adorable McKay in our prayers. His hair IS amazing! Love you, so glad he was born.
ReplyDeleteWelcome McKay! I hope the blood sugar is able to stabilize soon--Drew had the same problem at birth. Glad the delivery was able to go okay for you, and I hope you recover well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! He is such a handsome little guy!!! You and the little guy will definitely be in our prayers!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh Shelley! I had no idea he was scheduled to come soon! Congratulations!!! We will be praying for your little man too. I hope you're recovering well. I'm making him a little something, so email me your address when you get a chance, ok? johansen.nicole@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteLove you!!
Congrats Shelly!! I'm so excited for you guys. What an adventure you are begining. Good luck with recovery and being a mommy. You'll do so great.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Shelley and Kimball! Little McKay is so cute with all of that blonde hair. I can't believe how tiny he is! I hope the delivery went well and now the recovery is going well, and that McKay's glucose levels stabilize. We are just thrilled for you!! You'll make such great parents. Love, Julie, Nelson, and Autumn
ReplyDeletep.s. He shares a birthday with my nephew Austin McKay, and his middle name is the same as Nelson's dads- we already feel so connected to this little guy!