Today was fun (probably like a few hundred dollars fun) because we got to see the little guy again on ultrasound! Yesterday at my appointment, I measured smaller than average, which I have been doing for about a month now. For those of you who have seen me and said, "you are so tiny," it is because I really am smaller than average. They predict the baby will be about 6 pounds at delivery. I'm not quite sure why this little guy wants to be so small, but Kimball has convinced me that it is better to have a small baby for a first delivery.
Everything looked good on the ultrasound. He is moving a lot and does not appear to be distressed. My amniotic fluid levels are on the low side of normal, which could be contributing to why I am so small. As long as I continue to feel the baby move, then I am good to go. So I guess that is good news.
In just a couple weeks we'll get to see if the doctor's guesses are correct regarding junior's size!!
I can't believe you're already that far along! I remember the day you told me you were pregnant...you were only ten weeks! Good luck with the delivery!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is going well- we can't wait for the big day! I think you'll love having a small but healthy baby.
ReplyDeleteHi Shelley! I'm so glad you posted a link to your blog. It's so fun to be able to see what you are up to! Congratulations on the baby. That is so exciting.
ReplyDeleteHi Shelley
ReplyDeleteWith my first I measured small. They were about to do something about it..like deliver because they thought the baby had ceased to thrive... however, everything worked out fine. Mark was 7.5 lbs. and all was well. It wouldn't surprise me if you were completely FINE! GOOD LUCK! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
love you guys.
donalee
You're just a small girl anyway. Kind of cool you got to have another ultrasound anyway right? I got to have quite a few for that same reason when I was pregnant with Josh. Good luck these next two weeks. You're almost there!
ReplyDelete