Monday, October 19, 2009

Home

Good news: we are both home. Bad news: I am still on bed rest until further notice. My pressures are still very high. Hopefully with a new medication, Procardia, I will be able to improve. The past few days have been absolutely the most trying time of my life because I have been SO sick. The magnesium they put you on at the hospital to prevent seizures puts you in one of the most darkest feelings--lethargic, woozy, hot flashy, nauseated. I pretty much wanted to die.

Luckily, I have one of the best husbands and moms in the world. Kimball and mom are helping me out a ton! I literally can't do anything except try to feed the baby and when that is too stressful, then I pump and they feed him my breast milk through a bottle.

We will post more pictures soon. I am the one that has always posted on this blog, hence the reason why it is not being kept up very well now. You will all just have to be patient. :)

Thanks to all friends and family members who have sent very thoughtful phone messages, emails, text messages, etc. I am receiving them. It is just hard to reply to everyone. Thanks for the family fasts. I know that it is your prayers that helped McKay recover so quickly from his glucose problems in the NICU.

I better rest. Thanks to everyone and know that things will get better.

6 comments:

  1. You are all in our prayers. Shelley, I hope you get feeling well soon. Those first few weeks are hard enough without being sick. You have the cutest little boy in the world and you will be great parents both of you. We can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you're doing a bit better! We've been praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy that you are home and doing alright. I have been checking often, hoping to hear that everything was ok. I am sorry that this has been such a trying time for you all. Hopefully everything will be better soon, and you can get to the part where you can enjoy being a new Mom. I am so glad that your mom and Kimball are taking such good care of you and McKay. You just take it easy. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers, and hope to hear you are feeling much better really soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley, I'm glad to hear an update. We're still praying for you and hoping you recover soon! I'm so sorry this has been such a difficult time for you! It's hard enough when you're not sick. I can't imagine the stress you've been feeling. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hang in there kido!!! Go fight win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shell-tell, this is Evan. It's great to hear from you. We continue to pray for you and McKay (and Kimball and Mom). Hang in there...life will get better!

    ReplyDelete