Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Aren't they cute?

That's right, folks, Christmas music has begun at our house this season! I feel totally okay in this decision now that Halloween has passed and it is getting chilly outside! Right now we are experiencing a great wind storm. I love storms this time of year. It just makes me want to snuggle up with a good book or a good little boy and read his favorite books which consist of "aminals" and "tractows."

Lately we have been spending the majority of our days reading books, coloring, talking about colors (McKay tells me what color EVERYTHING is. I must say it is a good review from my pre-school days.), playing play-do, and playing with tractors and trucks.

Funny story about the Halloween candy: the next morning after trick-or-treating, McKay woke up saying, "where'd candy go?" I told him that the candy went bye-bye and it was all gone. So for the past few days he keeps repeating to himself, "candy all gone, candy all gone." I feel so tricky....ha ha ha. I am enjoying this trickery because I know he won't fall for it next year. :)

Yesterday we went swimming and we were the only ones in the pool for an hour and a half (along with 6 lifeguards...I seriously don't know how this pool will stay in business). McKay had a blast. They didn't have the water spraying from the big climbing tower thing, which was nice. McKay was able to play up there without getting his face all sprayed (normally he doesn't like to go up there). So he spent a good half hour going from one steering wheel to the next and driving "McKay's truck" as he would call it. I just sat in the warm water and enjoyed watching his excitement at driving his truck.

That's all for now. I just had a few extra minutes and wanted to share. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you're listening to christmas music! Sounds like you guys are settling into winter just fine! McKay sure is a cutie! We're excited to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for little boys and tractow books. We read a lot of those too. I'm glad you're enjoying your music and your storm. :)

    ReplyDelete