Saturday, September 3, 2011

Big Boy News



McKay is proud to announce that he is going to have a baby brother January 21st!! I am 20 weeks today and feeling really good. I don't think McKay actually really understands at all what is going on. We taught him that mommy has a baby in her tummy and now he goes around pointing to his and daddy's tummy's saying, "baby." It is pretty funny, but I wouldn't want him to do that to someone else, so we kind of just stopped talking about that. :)

The ultrasound was fun. People kind of had me convinced that we were having a girl because I was more sick in the beginning with this baby. We had a girl name picked out and I was buying (just a couple) girl outfits. But we were excited to see that it was a boy because now McKay will have a little buddy who will like balls and trucks just as much as he does.

McKay turns 2 in October, so I am feeling good about the spacing of these kiddos. I am sure once the 2nd one comes, then I will be thinking why in the world did I have them so close????? ha ha. I think it will be good. The first 3 months will be hard, but it is probably hard regardless of how far apart the kids are. I am not looking forward to the first little while. I have gotten so used to sleeping all night since McKay was about 6 months old, so I have been spoiled. It will be another adventure.


So there you have it....our big boy news!


Even though McKay is definitely all boy, I think he is getting in touch with his feminine high-heel side. :)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! Yay for having a little buddy for McKay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news. I'm thrilled for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Two boys are fun! Ethan are Joshies are getting to the point where they play together... It is so much fun! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! Do you have any boy names picked out????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So exciting! It'll be so fun for mckay having a little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Holt's! We are excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! He will adore McKay and McKay will probably be the best helper. We are happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for boys!! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete