Monday, May 17, 2010

Single Parenting

This week I got asked, "Are you single parenting?" How did I respond? "No, thank goodness!" I bought some furniture on Saturday, and this is what the furniture store owner asked me. I had been in twice during the week to discuss prices and quality with him. Then I came in to make the final purchase, and he must have thought I was single parent. (After all, what woman comes to a furniture store three times in one week with a baby, a stroller, and a diaper bag? And, what husband would just let his wife buy furniture for herself???)

Well, his question came at an ironic time because lately I have been feeling like a single parent. In fact, I almost laughed when he asked me, and I wanted to say, "no, but pretty close." With Kimball working nights and days, weekends, etc, it sometimes feels like I am a single parent. BUT, I am SO glad I am not a single parent. Kimball is a great dad and husband. Here's some pictures to prove it.

(McKay 2 months)

(McKay 1 month)

(McKay blessing)

(McKay 1 week)

(McKay 5 months)

3 comments:

  1. Shelley I love the pictures! In all of them he is so small and then BOOM! Big McKay. I love the rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those 5 month legs too! I can totally relate to you and feel your pain. I always think, "at least I don't have to get a (paying)job or worry about how I'm going to pay to buy bread."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about being so glad to not be a single parent. I would not make it!

    ReplyDelete