Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Constipation

It stinks!

Well, I guess not really because when the baby is constipated, there is no poop! :(

This makes me sad and makes for an unhappy baby.

After trying some things that the pediatrician's nurse recommended that didn't work, McKay will now be getting a teaspoon of perscription lactulose a day. Hope it works.

Anyone ever tried this? Anyone have advice for a constipated 5 week old?

I think McKay is wishing that he could still be in the womb. Life was easier then (for both of us) Ha Ha.

5 comments:

  1. hey shelly this is danielle thornock, i use to be compton we grew up in tualatin together. anyway, jamison my son had the same problem, we gave him pear juice and it works wonders!!!! if you do a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 pear juice and give it to him in the morning or anytime once a day or twice a week or however you need it will clear him right out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you still breastfeeding him? If so increase feedings and that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my kids have been constipated the pediatrician has always recommended a little apple juice...never worked for my kids. So, no...I don't have any good advice for you. Good luck with the lactulose! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley! I saw your link on Facebook- it is so fun to see your blog! Congrats on your new little baby! It is fun to see you and your husband living life happily together :)
    About the lactulose...it's funny because I actually work in Pediatric GI at Hopkins, and we of course see quite a few constipated kiddos. I know the docs sometimes prescribe lactulose, and sometimes they recommend prune juice. Let me know what works for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boy is so cute! Hey, I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card! Just email it to me at danaebcurtis@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete