John Holmes said, “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
Today I was reminded that there really are some very good, generous people out there! I came up to get in line at walmart. A middle-aged man was in front of me. He looked back at me and could see my two boys (who were actually being pretty good) and my cart full of stuff. I just said hi to him and started unloading my cart. He paid and went on his way and as I got up to the check stand, the checker said, "that man left $60 to go towards your groceries." Sixty dollars? That is a lot of money in my book! I was shocked. That was the most generous thing a complete stranger has ever done for me. I almost got teary-eyed just thinking of how nice that was! I plan to do the same for someone else....it made such a difference to me!
Thank you for sharing! What a reminder that there are so many good people in this world. I want to be one of them. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that is awesome! It is a good reminder that there are good people in the world. We usually only here about the bad stuff!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! That is so nice! That almost made me get teary just reading it! I have been amazed at the generosity of others recently as I have been in the hospital. There are some really caring and giving people out there!
ReplyDelete