Dr. G. called me Monday to say that he had been thinking about me all weekend and decided that we should start my induction Monday night/early Tuesday morning instead of waiting one more day, due to the small size of the baby. He was thinking something must be going on inside for this baby to not be growing. Well....I guess that little tyke had us all fooled. I realize he isn't the biggest baby in the world, but to us, he is a chubby buddy compared to McKay's 5 lbs. 2 oz.
McKay came to visit and kept patting Nelson's head saying, "baby Nelson." I think McKay is a little confused at this point about what is going on, but I am sure it will hit hard & fast as soon as we get home.
For all my friends who like to read the TMI: Labor & Delivery went well. It was kind of slow because I was not dilated or effaced at all when we got to the hospital at 1 am. So for 8 hours they used cytotec to ripen my cervix and help me dilate, which got me to a 2 (yipee....some sarcasm intended here). They broke my water and started pitocin at 9am. From 9-1, things were slow. At 1 pm I was at a 5, but I was mostly just overjoyed because I got my epidural at 11 am and the baby was looking SO much better inside than McKay did during his labor. During every contraction with McKay, his heart rate would drop to 50 and there were all sorts of hysterical nurses running about. This time around, baby Nelson maintained a good heart rate and my blood pressure stayed normal. YAY! At about 2:30, I was completely dilated and feeling the pressure. The pressure feeling is honestly a VERY good feeling because then you know the end is near. Doctor came in at 2:45 and baby came at 2:55 after just a few pushes. At least, I think I was pushing. I really couldn't even tell which muscles to use to push, but I wasn't complaining about that. :)
Oh SHelley congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys. He is such a cute boy and I love that blonde fuz. I'm glad labor went well and no sign of PIH for you. Best wishes with recovery. I'm excited to see more pictures!!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute!! I can't believe he was such a great size! How fabulous that everything in your labor for you and the baby was so so much better this time around!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Nelson is beautiful. I'm so glad the delivery went without incident! I hope everything continues to go smoothly!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the newest Holt cutie! So glad everything went well, without any complications and that he was bigger than everyone expected!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Glad everything went so well. Nelson looks great. So sad that you guys won't be coming to Ohio this summer! Hopefully we can link up sometime! Congrats again...by the way, you look great as well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Nelson is so adorable! Glad all went well!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!! Congratulations! A family of FOUR! How crazy. Nelson's a good name too, I like it a lot.
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats Shelley! So glad this labor went better and hope your recovery keeps going well too. What a little cutie pie! My sis is still pregnant and wishing to be induced for the opposite reason (her last babe was 10 # 5 oz!). Anyways, again congrats and hope McKay isn't too shell shocked over the next few weeks :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Yeah, they never thought our kids were as big as they really were. So thankful you had a smoother labor and delivery this time. What a beautiful boy! You are a family of four now!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Shelley!!! Of course, we love his name :) Nelson is darling and perfectly sized. I guess you're just lucky not to have a couple of extra weeks of baby weight to lose now! I hope you get lots of rest and that everyone takes care of you. I wish I could be there to help-- is your mom coming?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Shelley! A beautiful boy, and a beautiful Holt family! I'm glad all went well and you're both healthy. What a blessing.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! He is so so adorable and I am so glad that he weighed so much! Can't wait to meet him in real life :)
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! Especially now that it is a story and that you are not going through it:) CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo glad everything went well!!!! He is so cute!!! Congrats! Lv Steph
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats and what a handsome guy! We are so happy for you and hope it is going well at home with two cute boys! Wish we could come see you all.
ReplyDelete