Saturday, April 16, 2011

Seizure

It's been a rough week. McKay had a seizure on Wednesday due to a high fever. It was very long (about 10 minutes) and made me (and him) really really sad. I hate watching seizures, as I have seen a lot at the hospital. And this time was no different, except for the fact that I am very emotionally involved with my little McKay. :-) We found out he had strep throat. After 3 days of him not eating, continual fevers, and mommy fretting, I am ready for the antibiotics to start working their magic!!!!

These pictures were taken a few weeks ago at the new Cedar City pool. McKay loves this place! We go a couple times a week. As you can tell, he has no interest in smiling for the camera. He's got to explore!




9 comments:

  1. Sorry he was sick! Wow, look at all that blonde hair! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shelley, i didnt know he was so sick. is there anything i can do? my boys had strep too and it was really bad like that too (not as bad as a seizure)i would be so freaked out if that ever happened, i would even know what to do. I hope he is feeling better, we will have to get in a play date when he is well again!! let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kid, and poor mama. At least you've got the training to know what to do. I would have freaked out. Hope his throat starts feeling better and he starts getting some foods in him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor baby! I hope he gets feeling better. Luckily you are a nurse and know what to do in that situation. I'm pretty sure I would just be crying and scared and running to the ER or your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a friend with a baby boy, exactly McKay's age, who had a seizure just like that. How scary! Did you take him to the hospital? We should have you and Michelle mommy-safety-training for us. I hope McKay gets better soon. He is so cute in those swimming pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super scary! I'm with Julie--I need training! I hope the meds kick in, poor little babe. CUTE babe, too. He's getting so big, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Shelley, I had no idea the seizure lasted that long. I figured it was over in about 30 seconds. That must have been absolutely awful. I'm so sorry!! I hope he is feeling better!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope McKay is doing better. I don't think I could handle that. We hope you have a super fun Easter! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shelley! I hope he's feeling better by now! I didn't know seizures were that common! He's sure adorable though!

    ReplyDelete