Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dish Soap


Those of you with hard wood floors know how bad it is if water gets on your floor. I take extra effort to dry the floor well after cleaning or after doing the dishes...

Last night, a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) started the dishwasher for me (very nice of him) and about 30 minutes later, I came to the kitchen to find this:

Yep, some of you are laughing because you've done this yourself before. And some of you are thinking, hmm...I have never done that before, but I've heard of people who have. The addition of one word on the label: washer instead of just dish can make all the difference. :)


McKay loved the action. He got down on the floor to look at what we were looking at, and he held the screwdriver for daddy, which made him feel really special.

P.S. McKay walks now. YAY!!!! He is a big boy, and he always has a huge smile on his face after he reaches a destination.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Shelley! So sad! I'm glad you can smile about it, though. I hope the floor survived without much damage!

    McKay gets cuter everytime I see a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is funny! I've never done it, but Evan says he has...maybe it's a guy thing. ;-) Cute pictures of McKay. Can you post a video of him walking? I'd love to see him in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all Rob's fault. He never let us do the dishes, hence we had no experience. I haven't made this mistake yet because we don't have a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your commment, Joe. Rob was a funny roommate of your's and Kimball's. He would probably be disgusted at some of the things I do in our kitchen (ie: like I am cleaning out the fridge for the first time tonight in about..umm...two months).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shelley! That happened to one of my roomates one time. Bubbles just kept coming and coming. Did your floor and your dishwasher survive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. so funny! Congrats on the little guys new accomplishment!! It is fun to see them start walking. hope life is going good for you guys! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE! that is so funny! only a guy would do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laugh!! Hope everything turned out okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love the 'help' you get! It all makes for good stories one day, right?

    ReplyDelete