Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Green Beans

We've discovered McKay's favorite treat....green beans!!! My kid likes green beans more than applesauce. Is this okay??!!!?? Is my child going to be normal?

McKay is enjoying the world of solid foods. For dinner he now only eats solid foods instead of a bottle along with. I decided to start weaning the dinner time bottle after numerous people told me that McKay is (these are their actual words): FAT, chunky, chubby. I don't take offense to these comments; I just remind them that this is only a compliment for the first year of life. The doctor told me, "McKay has had some impressive weight gain since birth." Well, isn't that what babies are supposed to do??? :)

Anyways, thanks for reading this post. I am just happy that McKay eats what I "cook." Ha Ha.

3 comments:

  1. Andrew loved green beans more than anything, too. He wouldn't eat rice cereal alone but would eat rice cereal if mixed with green beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like our kids must be friends because Autumn loves green beans, too! I would say that they're her favorite, but really her favorite is a taste of whatever I'm eating :) But how funny that all of our kids love green beans. And you're right about kids being chubby when they're little- that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelley!

    It's great to hear from you! It's crazy how quickly time goes by. It's fun to be able to see what you are up to. I work for the Jeremy Country Club in PC and my husband is a financial analyst/project manager in PC for a company who designs ski resorts and golf courses. We are moving to Iowa for Bryce to start law school in the fall at the Univ. of Iowa. We are really excited to move away for a while and start a new adventure.

    I'm excited to keep in touch with you. You have such a darling baby. I'm glad everything has turned out so well for you!

    Love, Channa

    ReplyDelete